...to promote disadvantaged people's inclusion path's"-CO.RE
A - DESCRIPTION OF THE GOOD PRACTICE
A1 - Title in original language
"Responsabilidad compartida para promover itinerarios de inclusión para personas desfavorecidas" - CO.RE
A2 - Title in English
"Community-shared responsibility to promote disadvantaged people's inclusion path's"-CO.RE
A3 - Location of GP (national)
A4 - Location of GP (regional)
Andalusia-Seville Region where GP is located
A5 - Economic field of activity
Q Human health and social work activities
A6 - Ultimate purpose of GP
To practically facilitate or enable social enterpreneurship Please choose up to three
To improve social cohesion/inclusion
To improve policy environment for social enterprise
A7 - Spatial scale
A8a - Start date
01.02.2012 Enter month and year
A8b - Anticipated end date (if applicable)
31/07/2013; collaboration is expected to be replicated beyond that date Enter month and year, or "ongoing"
A9 - Short description of the GP
The CORE Project tackles the issues, common to all territories involved, of youth unemployment and social exclusion of specific target groups, and proposes an innovative governance model for social inclusion policies based on participatory processes which mobilise local economic, social and political resources. The proposed local partnership model builds upon the notion of local actors/stakeholders' responsibility and accountability. Its focus is on local development and employment policies and it is aimed at creating a shared model for a community-shared agreement. Although the experience stems from a European project, the methodology and the way in which it has been put into practice in Andalusia deserves to be highlighted.
- a map of stakeholders has been prepared and there has been cross-sectoral meetings to identify the needs within the social economy sector.
- once the needs have been identified, the results have been contrasted with the social entrepreneurs' own view and it has been confirmed that there is a lack in training.
- A memorandum of understanding has been signed by public and private actors in order to commit to cooperation in this field.
- the scope of the experience was limited to insertion companies ( as far as the piloting is concerned), with whom a training/educational path was built up with the intervention of the public administration (co-ordinating different pre-existing programmes) and private companies.
- The training path was connected to the acquisition of competences as well as entrepreneurship in a time of crisis.
As a result, the insertion companies are improving their own aims, not only seeking the labour insertion of workers, but also their possibilities to run their own businesses.
A10 - Key words relating to the GP
A11 - Objectives of the GP
- Reinforce awareness of social corporative responsibility.
- To propose effective solutions to identified socio-economic problems
- Generation of results that can be measured in terms of integration of vulnerable groups.
A12 - Activities that have taken place
- Study about the local needs and mapping of social services in the province of Seville
- Communication activities: mobilization of stakeholders through the celebration of local focus groups for the detection of social needs.
- Local agreements in a double way:
- through the celebration of round tables with all the stakeholders indentified. This process concludes in the signing of a "memorandum of understanding", between all of them.
- Assistant to the International Seminaries in Porto (Portugal) and Sevilla (Spain) (it will take place at first of March). Implementation of the local shared agreement through the implementation of the personalized itineraries materialized in a training program.
A13 - Achievements of the GP
- Successful coordination between the public administrations, private sector, social stakeholders and social enterprises.
- As a result of this successful coordination has been signed, the "memorandum of understanding" between all the social stakeholders involved, implemented trough a pilot project, based on a training activity, composed by three main blocks: competences, new technologies and business plan, that give the beneficiaries availability to start a self-employment project.
- Next >>